Thursday, July 29, 2010

a not so small miracle

 After a rough week of bill collectors and friends struggling with the tough issues of this 3rd dimensional world, each of us searching for a way through these changing times, I went for a walk with no destination, or time limit, or expectation, but just to be free. 

I turned down a street and found a small, weathered note held to a garden wall by a small stone. 

It was a message for me. 

Perhaps it is a message for others as well...


"July 27th, 2010,

Dear beautiful human being,

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life, one on which you will experience and feel the goodness of the world as much as you'd like to. Maybe you are a student between classes, maybe a person without work, hoping that the next opportunity will be a good one.


Whoever you are, whatever your trade, wherever you came from, whatever harm you have ever done to anyone, I know, without ever having met you, that you are a beautiful person.


This life of ours is so deceptively fragile, this day, a gift.


Try something new today! Do something that makes you uncomfortable, then think about and bask in the feeling of accomplishment, or warmth, or whatever it is that follows. Leap and the net will appear.


This is the first moment of the rest of your life.


May it be a rich one.


T." 



I have no idea who "T" is, but then again, maybe I do...

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is such a cool thing to find. You needed to hear it and boy, after the week I've had, I really needed to hear it. Thanks for posting.